Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow storms and brownies

I have been slacking on my posting, and because my hubby and I bowl on Thursdays, I am just posting something really quick. 
This week was our first huge snow storm since I have lived in Missouri.  We got about 14 inches of snow.  It was in fact a blizzard.  The wind was 30-40 mph gusts and blew the snow around like crazy.  My car was buried under a huge snow drift!  It's about time we get a good snow like this.  I love one big snow storm.  My hubby and I made a good meal of spaghetti (we both got out of work early) and then we watched tv all night.  J even made a pan of brownies for us (that is love right?).  They were chocolate chip cookie brownies in a box.  They were awesome!  We ate brownies and drank some chai tea (my obsession) and just laid on the couch and occasionally looked outside at all the crazy drifts of snow. 
Our road was drifted shut, the snow was waist high on the one side, and only boot high on the other.  Truman, the university in town, actually canceled classes for the first time since the 70's. 
My hubby also dug out my car for me.  Isn't he the sweetest, what a good way to start the month of February.  It is after all, Valentine's Day and Heart Month.  Wear red tomorrow to celebrate your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment