Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Vodka = Kiss


Courtesy of M2 Photography


Courtesy of Rob Upton Photography

On June 10th, 2006 my hubby and I said "I do".  What a better way to spend our 6th anniversary together at my dear friend's wedding in PA!  I am so honored to be able to share the day with her.  I believe that June 10th is a very lucky day to get married.  I mean, my hubby and I have an awesome marriage, so they should too.  It's all in the day. :)
Courtesy of M2 Photography
This wedding was epic.  I mean of legendary status.  There was a lot of drinking, and a lot of dancing.  It was the most interesting wedding I have ever attended.  It was a mix of two very different cultures, Russian and well, American.  They had the most food/courses I have ever seen!  The whole event was beautiful.  My friend looked amazing.  Her husband looked amazing.  The bridesmaids looked amazing (and yes, I was one of the lucky girls standing up for her).  The groomsmen were hilarious.  They had this thing about high heels and felt the need to tell me about it alllll night.  They didn't get it - I don't wear high heels.  Cannot walk in them, dance in them or well...wear them.

The reason for the title.  The band leader was trying to teach us some Russian.  He said that if we said the word "groyka (I am sure the spelling is completely wrong and maybe even the word) that would mean kiss and the bride and groom would have to kiss.  He said it kind of sounds like vodka, so if you say vodka...it's the same thing.  Of course, with a few drinks (and some vodka), I just kept yelling VODKA for them to kiss.  It worked! :)
It was a very busy weekend.  We had a great time with great friends and family. 
I was also very lucky to share in a surprise baby shower for my wonderful friends.  I am so excited for their baby to arrive. 
All in all, it was a very awesome weekend.  To my hubby of 6 years, thank you for the best 6 years ever.  Here is to many, many more happy years together.  To my friends who now share our anniversary, may you have many happy years ahead, filled with laughter and love.

Courtesy of M2 Photography
Courtesy of M2 Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment