Monday, May 21, 2012

Remember

Today is a sad day.  Around 1:45pm my time, I learned that a great friend's father passed away.  He had been in the hospital, and had his ups and downs.  People always say to remember the good times and the fun memories of those you loved.  So today, that is what I am going to do. 
My friend's dad was always so happy and smiling.  When my friend and I started to hang out in high school, I worked at Weis.  The competition to where my friend worked.  His dad however, shopped at my store (that is right because we were more awesome).  Everytime he came in, he always stopped and talked to me.  Never in a hurry, never a "hey" and run.  He always, always took the time to talk.  Always asked how I was doing, how my family was.  It was so nice.  Always had a smile on his face and joking around. 
Even when I went away to college, and came back to work at the store, he always remembered me and took time out to chat.  He was so friendly and it always  made my day of work that much better.
This past New Years, we had the honor of going to my friends house and spend it with him, his wife and his family.  We had so much fun that night, we even got his dad to do a shot with us.  We played games, told stories, watched the ball drop.  It was a really great New Years.  Never in a million years would I have thought it would be the last time I would get to see him.
It is days like today that make me look back and realize how great my life has been.  The friendships I have made, the families that I have had the chance to get to know and enjoy.  My friend's father was a great person, a loving person, and I am a much better person because I was able to know him.
Many thoughts, prayers, and love go out to his family now.  May you find comfort knowing he will be missed by many and remember him for the loving, genuine person he was.
In Memory of Mr. G. 05/21/12.

No comments:

Post a Comment