Thursday, May 10, 2012

CH-CH-CH-CHANGES

Hello to all my followers.  :)  I have been MIA for a while.  Let me explain...I have just been busy.  I have no real great explanation...just life I suppose.  Right now I am taking to classes and working full time, and volunteering.  I have a lot to talk about, but maybe I will stick to one subject at a time.

First, I think I will discuss changes.  Change is an interesting thing.  No one is really ready for it or necessarily excited for it...but yet it happens to all of us.  Usually for good, hopefully rarely for bad.  Change is hard to deal with sometimes.  For me, change makes me feel really old.  Maybe it's because in a week from today I will be celebrating my tenth reunion of my 21st birthday.  Right, for all the math people out there...I will be turning 31.  To me, age is really just a number.  Just another year gone by celebrating life.  You know that saying "you are only as old as you feel," well most of the time, I feel about 21.  Lately I am really starting to realize that I am no longer 21, and neither are my friends.

Last year my two good friends had babies.  My brother also had another baby.  He is younger than I am, and now has two children.  Our nieces are adorable.  I love them to pieces.  My friends babies are my nieces as well.  I love being an Aunt.  Seriously it has to be the best thing in the world.  I get to spoil them, buy them things, play and then go on my way and leave them with their parents.  When they are crying, or puking, or just sleeping.  I have found this is a really great thing, especially when you don't plan on having your own kids.  I get my fill of kid fun, then I return to my normalness of life. 

My good friends Jen and Josh are also expecting.  Last night we found out they are having a girl!  Which is very exiting.  I could not be happier for them both.

This change is really great though.  I cannot wait to meet their child, find out if he/she has red hair and see what type of personality he/she has.  I cannot wait to see who their child looks like.  While this officially makes me feel my age (on occasion), I am so happy to be another "Aunt" again.  I cannot wait to add another little person to our ever growing gang of friends.  This is one of those great changes in life.

1 comment:

  1. awww :-) yay! we can't wait til you meet her too!!!

    ReplyDelete