Saturday, August 7, 2010

Golfing

Yesterday we went golfing with our friends.  It was only the second time I went out golfing, not mini-golfing, in my whole life.  J and I went out over 4th of July weekend.  The first time I went out, I lost a lot of golf balls in the huge lakes they put in the middle of golf courses.  I mean, who puts big things of water in the middle of a golf course anyway?  I don't think that is very fair at all.  We played nine holes.  I lost about 12 golf balls.  Not so good.  I scored a 67, on 9 holes.  For my first time golfing not so bad. 
So after my first time out we told our friends about it.  So now, they wanted to make a date to go golfing with us.  Great.  I was really nervous.  Good thing, the girl in the other couple is new to this golfing thing too.  So at least we weren't with total professionals.  But still I was nervous.  It was a beautiful day yesterday.  Warm, but not humid and a little breeze.  Perfect for golfing.  :) 
I think my favorite part of golfing is riding around in the golf cart.  They are so much fun I want to buy one.  So, off we start on our golf adventure.  You know what?  I wasn't half bad.  This time, I didn't hit any huge water obstacles in the course at all.  I got to keep the same ball the whole time!  And I found two balls a long the way.  I was so happy.  I scored a 60 on 9 holes, so I even did better than my first time out.  I am in love with this golf thing.  Seriously, it gets you outside for a couple of hours (in this case it took us 4 hours to golf...no idea why) and its really fun.  You can even do this with friends, which makes it even better.  Next time though, we will need to make sure to take beer with us.  There is no beer cart at the course we went to!  I told my dad last night next time he comes to visit, I will be able to go out golfing with him too!  Maybe I can even beat him.  Yeah right.

1 comment:

  1. I want to go golfing! or atleast ride around in the golf cart and drink beer. haha

    ReplyDelete