Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Visits

I love visits!  People coming to visit us is just so much fun.  J's mom was just in town a few weeks ago.  Here are all the fun things we got to do!  :)
Remember, I live in Kirksville MO...a small big town if that makes sense.  There isn't that much to do, but we always find something.  While J's mom was here, we ate at all our towns hot spots.  The first night we went to Napoli's for some good Italian food.  I love Italian food.  We ate Japanese for lunch the next day.  On Friday the hubby and I took the day off from work.  I love taking days off from work!  We went shopping in Columbia.  Which, for those who aren't familiar with the distance between our house and Columbia MO, its an hour and a half.  Yup an hour and a half to get to the closest mall.  Can you imagine?  I couldn't either at first.  But now I am used to it I suppose.  Nothing, I mean no Kohl's or Old Navy or Target.  We have a 24 hour Walmart though!  Oh and a Penny's.  And we just got a new shoe store...but I am getting off topic. 
We also invited our friends over while J's mom was here.  We had a cookout.  We invited our "Missouri" friends.  It was a blast.  Before they came over though, we played a little rock band.  I even have pictures to prove it.  Check 'em out.
Mom on the drums
She really liked rocking out on the guitar!
It's funny to introduce a new group of friends to our parents.  J's mom got to meet our friends all at once.  The next day we asked her if they reminded her of our Pennsylvania friends at all.  She told us no, they were completely different then our friends back in PA.  Crazy.  You just figure you would gravitate toward a specific personality.  All I know is that both groups are fantastic, and I wouldn't trade either group in at all.  I love my friends and family!  Having J's mom out here was awesome!  It makes my hubby very happy that she came to visit.  As family pictures prove:
Tomorrow J's sister is coming to visit!  Like I said, I love visits!  :)

1 comment: