Saturday, September 11, 2010

Memories

Since my softball tournament for today was canceled due to all the rain we got last night, even though today has been sunny and 75 degrees (perfect softball weather), lets take the extra time I now find myself having and take a trip down memory lane.
I love weddings.  I love everything about weddings.  I especially loved my own wedding!  There is something so special about marrying your best friend.  I love every minute of it.  We were married on a beautiful June day 4 years ago!  I had the best bridesmaids, and I think J had great guys on his side too.  Our priest, we will call Father Bojangles, might be defrocked shortly for having an affair (with an age legal female), but that doesn't stop us from having a fantastic day.  In fact, if our priest getting defrocked means we are no longer legally married, I would without question recreate this whole day!  Only difference, my wedding gown would have orange in it.  They have those now you know?  Crazy.
First, my dress was beautiful.  I loved it the minute I tried it on.  It was the last one I tried on, at the second bridal shop I went to.    It was not really anything I had in mind, but I loved everything about it.

<><>
<>
<><>
Us with our priest after the ceremony





We had a great photographer.  I feel he captured so much of our fun stuff.  Like I said above.  I had awesome bridesmaids.  I love them all to pieces!  I had two maid of honors, which is a little different...but they are both so close to me, I couldn't choose one over the other.   We also carried daisies.  I had each maid of honor carry different colors (one yellow, one pink) the other bridesmaids carried orange.  Then, I had all three of their colors in my bouquet.  I LOVE daisies.  Oh, and my favorite color is orange (incase you didn't pick that up).  So my wedding in June was perfect, the girls wore black and we carried bright summer colors and all my decorations at the reception were bright colors as well.

Who wouldn't want these girls standing next to you on the most important day of your life?


The best part of weddings, the dancing.  I LOVE TO DANCE.  I was on the dance floor all night.  Surprisingly so was my hubby!  And everyone we invited to our party. 

Looking at these pictures reminds me of the perfect day we had!  I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. aww sweet post :-) I feel so special to be part of your special day. I love that pictur of j and josh, hilarious! That was one rockin party!

    ReplyDelete