Monday, September 13, 2010

Take a little trip...take a little trip

As I sit in my living room listening to the pouring rain outside my window, I only wonder if yet another game will be canceled.  It is raining now, 9:43 pm and it is supposed to rain tomorrow.  I have a feeling that our game will be canceled.  I wish we could just play some games.  AHHH.

Anyway, lets take a trip.  Back to Chicago where my hubby and I celebrated our 4th anniversary together.  We did so many amazing things!  We stayed at this nice hotel (used price line to get cheaper rate) and it was a little outside of the "city" but nothing a bus or train couldn't fix.  We stayed at a Hyatt actually, it was pretty.  We took the train from Quincy IL up to Chicago.  Cheaper than driving and parking our car all weekend.  And it is such a nice way to travel. If you ever get the chance to travel by train, I say go for it!  Just be careful of the hobo's.

There is a hobo (that is what J thought anyway)


We took the train up Thursday night.  Spent the whole day on Friday in museums.  We went to see the Field Museum, which houses the most complete T-Rex in the world, I believe.  I know its the most complete T-Rex in the country.  Her name is Sue.  We also went to see the Aquarium, which was awesome.  We checked out the Planatarium and the Museum of Science and Industry.  I fell in love with Chicago.  Friday night we got all dolled up and went to eat at the Signature Room.  Its on the 195th floor of the John Hancock building.  The site was amazing.  We didn't get a window seat, but you were surrounded by windows it didn't matter where you sat.
J's friend at the aquarium, he thought he smiled when he took his picture.

Jay, me and Sue



This is in the Signature Room, the city is behind us.


On Saturday, we went to watch our beloved Phillies v Cubs!  It was the first time I was at Wrigley, I loved it!  The field is so cool.  I couldn't get over the fact they have no Jumbo Tron.  Seriously.  But we had an awesome time and had awesome seats.  Then on Sunday it was back home and back to reality.  Here are some pictures from the game.  Oh and the Phillies came back to win!  Lets say the Cubs fans were not too happy.  But I almost hit some kid in the face with my purse because I was jummping around and cheering so much when the Phillies came back.

This is my boyfriend Chase Utley









They had awesome Chicago Deep Dish Pizza! Yum.










If ever given the opportunity to go to Chicago, go!  It was awesome :)  I told J I want to live there, I will let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment