Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Frustrated

Some days you wake up, and you just know its going to be a bad day.  Today was one of those days.  And unlike my friend Jenny G, I had no baby pictures to laugh at to make me feel better when I got home.
My days are long, and its by my own choice so I try not to complain.  This morning I woke up (late) and it was gloomy and rainy.  I hate to start my day like that.  Then I went to work, and it was just well, we will just leave it at that.  My boss's boss told me I was a grouch today.  And maybe he was right. 
Work was nothing compared to practice.  I coach middle school softball.  Today was a horrible practice.  We cut it short because we were not allowed on the infield because of the rain we got this morning/overnight.  So we told them practice was going to end at 4:15.  So that leaves us with one hour.  Which is fine, and normally you could get a lot done in one hour.  Not today.  They had horrible throws, they weren't paying attention and they were goofing off.  All around, both grades, it was just bad.  This makes me so frustrated because they are very talented athletes, but they have very little work ethic.  Most of the time it seems they don't even want to be there.  Which saddens me.  I think I and the other coach are very fun people, who wouldn't want to spend 2 hours a day with us?
I just needed to vent a little.  But what is done is done.  They want to scrimmage, there is no way we can do that because they cannot make good throws and hustle.  Is that too much of us to ask from them?  Maybe.
Okay, on to better things.  I am still on my eating healthy, exercise plan.  In fact, after I finish this post...I am off to go run. 
My husband told me I made the best sandwiches, sometimes its the little things in life right?
I started a new adventure.  I am going back to school.  Crazy I know.  I am in two classes now.  So today I got my text book in the mail!  Again, little things make me excited.   Ten years ago, that would not have been exciting.  I guess there is a lesson here.  When life is frustrating...think about things that make it all worth while.  And if that doesn't work, drink...a lot!

1 comment:

  1. I know this frustration all too well. But know that you are making a difference in their lives both with softball and 'real life'. They may not know now but will look back and remember what an awesome coach they had!

    ReplyDelete