Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Take one for the team

Hello my peeps!  Today we have no softball practice.  So, I thought, what should I do with my extra time?  Oh I know write a blog.  Perfect!  My hubby went for a run, so just waiting for him to get back so we can have dinner and watch the Phils!
Yesterday my softball teams had games in Hannibal MO.  That is one hour and a half away from here.  So on the yellow bus we went.  The first game was great!  They won by a lot.  They hit the ball well, and played well in the field.   8th grade always plays first, then we take a little break and play 7th grade game next.
In between the 8th and 7th grade games, the pitcher/catcher were warming up by the first base foul territory area.  I was standing (foolishly I might add) behind the catcher, talking to the other coach.  Next thing you know the other teams coach is yelling for me to look out.  A little late, the pitcher threw a wild pitch and it hit me right on the side of the head.  It was so hard.  It hurt a lot.  But I didn't cry.  You know why?  There's no crying in softball.  There is NO CRYING in softball.
It did knock me down a little bit.  But a little ice and some ibuprofen and I was good (after an inning of sitting on the bench).
It is a little scary getting hit in the head.  But, I think I am fine.  It seems more times than not there are some life lessons to my little stories of randomness.  Today's lesson, don't stand behind the catcher when the pitcher is warming up.  You never know where that ball is going to go.
Well, off to watch my Phillies!  And of course my boyfriend Chase Utley.  Let's Go PHILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment