Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rained out

This weekend, I was supposed to be in Pittsburgh for a friends wedding.  I was supposed to be with my husband who is in the wedding.  I was excited, because well, I think he looks mighty fine in a tux.  :) 
Unfortunetly I had a softball tournament rained out two weeks ago, and they decided to make it up today.  The day of the wedding.  So off my hubby went to Pittsburgh without me, I stayed to coach my wonderful adoptive children.  :) 
Today started out great, one win for both 8th and 7th grade.  The way the day was going, it was possible for us to be playing eachother for the championship.  Something both teams were very excited about.  Who won?  We will never know.  After our first games, the rain came.  Well it started during our first game.  And didn't stop.  Finally around 1:00 coach and I decided to call the games.  It was cold, and miserable.  And raining.  Hard.  The field was a mess, the bases were slick, and no one could grip the ball anymore.  We were done.  Okay because I didn't want to get wet anymore, sad because I missed a beautiful wedding for something that ended up getting rained out anyway.  But, that is okay. 
Tonight, I got to hang out with some friends and we went to eat at the good italian place here in town.  So all in all my day worked out just fine.  I cannot wait until tomorrow when I get to pick my hubby up at the airport.  I miss him a lot.  Distance makes the heart grow fonder.  Our whole relationship has been build on distance...I just hoped when we were married we would never be distant again.  But sometimes, things just don't work out.  Thank god it wasn't for very long.  I would not survive by myself for long.  :)  Amazing how being married changes that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment